Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blog entry Seven – 16th Sept 2008

ROGER: 
Hi everyone. As you all should know by now we had an Internet connection problem so a breakdown in communications resulted – a matter of us being in the wrong zone for a satellite connection. I took the first and last watches after we took in a movie – not bay ay. I have been totally corrupted as far as following any plans of cruising in my little sailboat. The weather to day has been remarkable in its consistency - calm seas, very light winds, the swell which is ever present has moved around to our starboard quarter- from NNW to NE – and has reduced the tendency to roll allowing us to move about the boat more easily. This morning however we have rain clouds to the NW of us and I’m sure there will be some wind behind it. Today will be a milestone with the half way mark reached between San Diego and Oahu in the Hawaiian islands – about 1080 NM – so from here on, its count down. We have been favourably looked upon by Mother Nature to date – hopefully that will continue. I’m very impressed by the robustness of this boat and the detail of its finish – from the galley to pilot house to engine room, even down to the subdued courtesy lights through out the list is long but in short provides for every need one finds necessary at home including a substantial desalinator for showering and washing. To Roger Mac my computer fixer at home, Hi! I got your email thanks. Best to you and Gwyn. Love to Maureen and Family. Cheers for now.

BRI BRI: 
Ola from the middle of the Pacific Ocean! As this is being typed in we are just arriving at the half way point to Hawaii up the this point I feel very fortunate with the way all had progressed and can only hope all continues the same the rest of the way – touch wood. Not much to report, so I will just send love to Dulce and the boys and the other family and friends who read this. Tchau.

SCOTTY: 
Hello to all, I really want to make this quick because today is shower day and the fact that Brian (who has already taken his) really kept his distance when giving me his words for the blog I think I need one. I am really looking forward to Hawaii now that we have reached half way. A little mermaid told me the rollers coming around Diamond Head are prime and ready for the carving not to mention the giant steak I am looking forward to carving up. I don’t mean to say the food has been bad on board, ‘Marie Calenders’ frozen TV dinner selection has served us very well every night, the boys any I still begin to salivate every time our fishing line twitches at the thought of fresh Mahi Mahi. It is surprising how long fresh food can actually last, we are still eating fresh bread that tastes good and milk that allegedly went out of date on the 13th but the after the initial sour flavour, it goes down pretty well. Love to all and thanks for stopping by.

END

No comments: